Regina George may have actually gotten hit by a bus last night (at least she looked good doing it), but you, on the other hand, just partied a bit too hard. Regardless, it’s the morning after, and you feel like death. Here’s what you need in order to avoid looking like it:
1. Teabags. Not only are your eyes the window to your soul, but they’re also the window to your massive hangover. That’s where teabags come into play. The tannin in the teabags reduces swelling (bye, bye, bags!) and discoloration (take that, dark circles!), and the caffeine stimulates the production of healthy skin-cells. How to use ’em? Place two warm teabags (green is best) over your eyes for two minutes. Then, repeat on the sides of your nose. Congrats, you’re officially awake (or at least look it).
2. Corrector. You’re probably a little blotchy, too – actually, really blotchy. Make sure you thoroughly wash off the make-up you wore last night to prevent blemishes from appearing. After you have applied your favorite foundation, grab a green-tinted corrector to neutralize overall redness and a yellow one to disguise those stubborn bluish undertones. Done and done. (We love Yves Saint Laurent Touche Éclat in No. 2.5, $40, nordstrom.com.)
3. Mosturizer with a hint of self-tanner. Alcohol is seriously dehydrating – your skin is practically screeeaming for moisture. Besides drinking tons of water for rehydration, satisfy your skin’s cravings with a mosturizer that contains just a hint of self-tanner. Your skin won’t just be supple – it’ll be glowing. (Check out Clinique Self Sun Face Tinted Lotion, $22, clinique.com.)
4. Beige liner. This is a trick celebs looove (we obviously do, too). Convince your girlies you’re a partying-pro by lining your waterline with beige liner just before applying mascara. Your eyes will immediately look bigger and well-rested. (Don’t worry, your secret’s safe with us.) (P.S. We’re head over heels for Sephora Nano Eyeliner in 09 Pure Beige $5, sephora.com.)
5. Bold lipstick. Daring lips distract friends from the slightly sticky locks you’re sporting (hey, at least the curls stayed in place last night) while rehydrating dry lips. It’s a two-for-one deal. Oh, and we highly suggest red. (Plump your pout with Bobbi Brown Creamy Matte Lip Color in Red Carpet, $24, bobbibrown.com.)
Images courtesy of Compelling Momentum, Fluent Historian, Glamour, Nordstrom, Clinique, Sephora, and The Huffington Post.