The days of worrying about fitting your notebooks, cellphones, Mac chargers, and gym clothes galore into your small (but fashionable) one-shouldered bag are over! We proclaimed it the “It Bag” in our last Winter Issue and it continues to be a fashion must. This spring we have seen even more elaborate backpacks. This time they are in brighter and bolder colors so that you can have even more options for a bag that is both trendy and, thankfully, functional. Celebs like Alicia Keys to Chris Brown take their new must-haves everywhere!
A few tips for finding your new backpack:
1. Leather. Leather backpacks are taking over. Black and brown leather backpacks are in high demand, but if you’re feeling a little risky go for a red leather backpack. Nothing makes a statement like red leather! Try it here or here.
2. Studs. There’s no need to fear having a boring bag to carry around. Rough it up with this edgy look. Try it here.
3. Stripes. Feeling a little prepster? A little nautical look can never go out of style. Try it here.
4. Tribal. Tribal prints are all over this spring. Grab a tribal beaded backpack and keep up with the trend! Try it here or here.
5. Classic. One of my favorites are the Herschel bags. They come in a variety of both fun and classic colors and tons of styles and at a great price! Check them out here.
S0, check these out and backpack on!
– Daniella Sakhai
Herschel bags, wallets and iPad/computer sleeves are available at SUGARCUBE in Old City Philadelphia.