Now that school’s here again, we’re all going to have to start lugging around those hefty textbooks. Our cute little clutches just aren’t going to cut it anymore. Luckily, several designers have come up with fashionable, yet functional bags capable of holding the load. Some of the best finds are listed below.
1. Coach, Kristin Leather Pleated Satchel $398 For a more sophisticated look, this clean leather satchelis beautifully crafted and has a detachable shoulder strap.
2. Mulberry, Oversized Alexa $1,250 Inspired by and named after British style icon Alex Chung, the Oversized Alexa is effortlessly chic
3. North Face, Jester Backpack $55 The ever-so-popular North Face backpack is comfy, affordable, and durable. It comes in 10 different colors and will last you through your college years.
4. JanSport, Big Student $32 Adorable and functional, the Big Student Classics Series daypack comes in 24 different patterns.
5. JanSport, Super FX Collapse $45 This cute backpack has a unique textured surface with padded shoulder straps, one large main compartment, one front utility pocket, and a padded back panel for cushioning comfort.
6. Kate Spade, Nylon Laptop Calista $325 This classic computer bag is incredibly versatile. It is the epitome of luxury for your laptop and leaves plenty of room for your syllabuses, papers, and assignments.
7. Kate Spade, Nylon Laptop Calista $325 This classic computer bag is incredibly versatile. It is the epitome of luxury for your laptop and leaves plenty of room for your syllabuses, papers, and assignments.
8. Kipling, Challenger Backpack with iPod Pocket $74 Lightweight, durable, and perfect for school, this medium-sized backpack even includes a pocket for your iPod.
9. Kipling, Seoul Large Backpack with Laptop Protection $98 This all-in-one backpack is smart, elegant, and stylish.
10. LeSportsac, Basic Backpack $88 This cheetah-print backpack is the classic backpack with a twist.
11. Longchamp, Le Pliage $145 When thinking about tote bags, who could forget the ubiquitous Le Pliage tote from Longchamp? It comes in over 10 different colors and is able to carry everything from your textbooks to laptop.
12. Marc by Marc Jacobs, Saddlery Striped Lou Lou Satchel This bohemian chic satchel is perfect for looking stylish while strutting down Locust Walk.
13. North Face, Isabella Backpack $75 For a smaller, less bulky, more girlish selection, the Isabella backpack is perfect. This multi-purpose backpack comes in 6 different colors.