The thought of being locked up in Van Pelt for a week can be distressing and take a toll on your body. , Even though your brain may be exercising harder than your bod, look no further. If lugging your books and computer across campus isn’t enough exercise for you, here are some tips on how to keep in shape through finals.
- Take the stairs. Skip the elevator and climb up the old fashioned way. Ambitious ones may want to hit the stacks on the fifth floor.
- Stretch your legs. Sitting at a desk with your legs in the same position can strain blood flow and circulation to extremities. Every hour or so, wiggle your toes, or shake out your legs.
- Start your day with brain food. Instead of waiting until you get hungry, jumpstart your day with a huge breakfast. The sustenance in the food will keep you energized and give you enough sugars to stimulate you throughout the entire day.
- Bring snacks. Instead of eating whatever is in front of you at the moment, if you bring a bag of cheerios, pretzels, trail mix, or any of your favorite snacks you can snack through out the day. This way, you do not have to be on the search for food and binge later on.
- Stay hydrated. Keep refilling water bottles so you do not get thirsty. Sometimes studying necessitates as much fuel as a workout. Powerade Zero is also available in strawberry and blueberry flavors at Mark’s Café.
By Nikki Pepperman